Are there different types of cookies?
Yes. Different cookies do different things and we use four broad types:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the user to move around the website and to use its features.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how the user makes use of the site, e.g. which pages the user visits most. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the user.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices made by or attributes of the user and enhance the features and content you experience during your visit to our website. This cookie is also used to remember a user’s preferences or customisable parts of a web page.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies collect information about the users’ browsing habits. This may include your use of social media sites, or links you have followed, which then shows you relevant content elsewhere on the internet. These cookies may be used to make our website and any advertising more relevant to your interests.
What information do we collect using cookies?
We may collect some, or all, of the information available from cookies when you visit our website, depending on how you use it. We anonymously monitor how people use our website so we can improve it. You can choose to use our website anonymously without giving us any information by changing our cookie preferences.
- The areas of the website you visit and the amount of time you spend on the site;
- Whether you are new to the site, or have visited it before;
- The country, region, city and/or borough associated with your IP address or device;
- How you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine;
- The type of device and browser you use;
- How you use the website and the quality of your experience – for example we may track your bandwidth when viewing videos;
- IP address.
What about third parties?
You may notice some other cookies that are not related to Breathe Payments website. Some of our pages contain embedded content such as videos, social media links or advertising networks, and you therefore may receive cookies delivered from these websites. These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance or targeting cookies and used mainly to track how many users have seen a particular ad and to ensure that you see ads that are relevant to you. These cookies are placed by the relevant third party and we have no control over these cookies other than allowing them to be served. Please visit the relevant sites for more information on their cookie and privacy policies.
How can you change your cookie preferences?
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/support
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org
- Chrome: https://support.google.com
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer
How can you get in touch?